- Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
- where there is hatred, let me sow love;
- where there is injury, pardon:
- where there is doubt, faith ;
- where there is despair, hope
- where there is darkness, light
- where there is sadness, joy
- O divine Master,
- grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
- to be understood, as to understand;
- to be loved, as to love;
- for it is in giving that we receive,
- it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Today, whilst you read this, would you pray for Syria. For an end to war, for the peace of God to break out. But most of all, would you pray for peacemakers, for "instrument's of peace" in armies, in insurgent groups, in community leaders and in ordinary people.
Blessed are the peacemakers ....