“Woe to you who join house to house, who add field to field, until there is room for no one but you, and you are left to live alone in the midst of the land!”
The Jubilee Debt campaign has produced a excellent booklet entitled ‘Jubilee Economics – Biblical teaching and financial crisis’ The booklet is free and contains six bible studies on faith and economics.
1) ‘Good news for the poor’: Why debts should sometimes not be paid
2) ‘Debt jubilees’: What causes positive changes to happen
3) ‘Hoarding wealth’: How inequality causes financial crises
4) ‘Tax injustice’: How rich people are made poor
5) ‘Breaking the mould’: Gender inequality
6) ‘Forgive us our debts’ Who really owes who?
The booklet is a practical resource that challenges and allows us to reflect on how we view money and the economy in light of Jesus teaching. It is well worth getting a copy.
For further information go to http://jubileedebt.org.uk/reports-briefings/briefing/jubilee-economics-biblical-teaching-financial-crisis